What can be better for you than a big vat of gooey, chocolate deliciousness! OK, these dairy free rocky road may not exactly be a health food but they are certainly good for the soul and will make anyone who eats them smile.
They are quick and fun to make, require no baking (just a bit of melting) and are a great recipe to make with the kids. Best of all, they are completely dairy free but noone will feel they are missing out – unless you decide to keep them all to yourself of course, as they are almost too good to share!
You can mix up the ingredients if you want to experiment with different versions, or adapt to what you have in the cupboard, by adding raisins or cherries, or even some dairy free white chocolate.
- 200g dairy free dark chocolate
- 80g dairy free spread
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 50g digestives*
- 50g mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar for dusting
- (Some digestives contain milk powder. Aldi ones are dairy free)
- Melt together chocolate, dairy free spread and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Put the digestives in a ziploc plastic bag and bash gently with a rolling pin. Try to end up with a mix of small chunks and crumbs.
- Take chocolate mixture off the heat and put one third in a separate bowl. Mix digestives and marshmallows into the remaining mixture.
- Spread mixture into a cake tin lined with greaseproof paper. Pour remaining chocolate over the top and spread out.
- Leave in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also want to try a few other simple and delicious dairy free chocolate recipes: