Is it wrong to think summer thoughts on a cold, icy January day? Dreams of sitting by the pool, sipping drinks with umbrellas in. That’s what this candy coloured strawberry vegan mousse makes me think of.
It’s pastel pink frothiness is just joy in a pot and it it couldn’t be easier to make. The kids will love be involved but it can just as easily be a great dessert for a BBQ or buffet. It’s so easy to whip up this vegan mousse and keep in the fridge until you need it. Serve with a dollop of dairy free cream and top with some strawberries for a real treat!
How to make easy strawberry vegan mousse
This strawberry vegan mousse has just has three ingredients and is great fun to make with the kids or for a Summer get together or just to brighten up a grey winter day. We use soya youghurt but any dairy free yoghurt that you have to hand will be fine.
It is really light and bubbly and looks and tastes like it is a lot more complicated. It’s also a good way to squeeze some berry goodness and protein into your kids, all packaged up in some pink squishiness!
So go on, close your eyes and pretend the sun is shining….
- 1 pack of (vegan) strawberry jelly
- 150g dairy free yoghurt
- 200g frozen strawberries/summer fruits
- Make the jelly using half the amount of water it says on the packet. Leave it in the fridge until just, but not totally, set.
- Whisk with a hand held mixer until jelly is very frothy and has about doubled in size.
- Add the yoghurt and summer fruits and blend together.
- Pour into individual pots and leave in the fridge to set.