Four years ago I wandered around The Allergy Show in London for the first time, dazed, overhwhelmed and still in shock from J’s recent anaphylactic reaction.
But it gave me hope.
It made me realise there is a whole world of free from food, allergy advice and a connected community out there that I wasn’t aware of. I had know no idea how much I would become part of this world or how much strength it would give me.
Allergy Show North
The Allergy Show now takes its little piece of magic around the country and lands in Liverpool on 4-5 November.
I haven’t been to this one but I’ve heard it’s calmer and smaller than the London show with a really welcoming vibe.
You can get free tickets so you can save all your pennies to pick up some bargains!
Here are my 5 top reasons for visiting:
1. So much free from food! If you don’t feel full by the end of the day, you’re not doing it right! A well as lots of delicious samples there you can stock up on food from your favourite big brands as well as lots of smaller ones you can’t find easily on the high street
2. Finding small new food companies. I love discovering a new brand or being able to support an up and coming small company making a difference to people with allergies. I discovered some great ones at the London show this year.
3. Lots of great talks and demos. I love talking at The Allergy Show and up in Liverpool you can see Nina from Eat Allergy Safe and Vicki from Free From Fairy.
4. All the discounts and deals. We all know free from food is expensive so you can make the most of any discounts and deals, as well as taking away some free samples and goodie bag.
5. Being in a room of people who ‘get it’. Sometimes it’s just nice to be surrounded by people who understand allergies, have the same concerns as you and can offer advice and reassurance.
Free From Fridays
Mel is sharing a round up of her favourite #freefromfridays posts today but you and still grab the badge and join in below.
Linky code for this week: