Remeber Wagon Wheels? That’s a throwback isn’t it! A school lunchbox staple in the 90s.
Well, recently I have been experimenting with making marhmallow fluff with Aquafaba (Chickpea brine – yes I know it sounds weird, but trust me it works!) and when I saw a post about using it to make Wagon Wheels, I had to have a go.
These aren’t quite as neat as the 90s version but gosh they taste good!
The aquafaba takes quite a while to firm up – at least 15 minutes with an electric whisk – but then you are left with loads of it. So more recipes to use it up coming soon!
If you want to used up the Chickpeas you are left with then try my Red pepper hummus that baby A has been enjoying recently.
- 12 biscuits - I use my Mum's easiest vegan biscuits recipe
- 1 400g can chickpea brine
- 100g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 6tsp rasberry jam
- 100g dairy free chocolate (we use
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Add sugar and vanilla to Chickpea brine and whisk with an electric whisk for about 15 minutes until it forms stiff peaks and stops smelling of brine.
- Sandwich together two biscuits with 1tsp jam and 1tbsp fluff in the middle.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over hot water. Coat biscuit sandwiches with chocolate. (This is a bit tricky. I found it easiest to coat top and botton in the bowl and then use a spoon to spread it round the sides).
- Place chocolate covered biscuits onto greaseproof paper and leave in the fridge to set.