There are some things in life that everyone needs – love, laughter, a killer pair of shoes and a failsafe cookie recipe. We all need that one reliable recipe that we can whip up at the last minute for a party, bake sale or with a much-needed cup of tea. One that we know won’t go wrong, will taste delicious and we won’t waste time and money creating.
This is mine.
Now, with a few simple alterations they are my failsafe nut free, dairy free and egg free cookies. They are just as good as the original – I’m sure Nestle would agree – and my husband had no idea I had even changed the recipe until I gave one to J!
- 100g dairy free spread
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g apple sauce
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 80g dairy free chocolate chips (I use Kinnerton chocolate)
- Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in apple sauce and vanilla essence.
- Mix in flour, bicarbonate soda, and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Put heaped teaspoons of mixture onto cookie tray with space for them to spread.
- Bake for 10 mins at 180c until golden brown.
- (TIP: I chop up a bar of chocolate instead of using chocolate chips. It is cheaper and I like having some large chunks and smaller slithers)