There are some things in life that everyone needs – love, laughter, a killer pair of shoes and a failsafe cookie recipe. We all need that one reliable recipe that we can whip up at the last minute for a party, bake sale or with a much-needed cup of tea. One that we know won’t go wrong, will taste delicious and we won’t waste time and money creating. This vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is mine.
How to make vegan chocolate chip cookies
Now, with a few simple alterations they are my failsafe nut free, dairy free and egg free cookies. They are just as good as the original – I’m sure Nestle would agree – and my husband had no idea I had even changed them to a vegan cookie recipe until I gave one to J!
- 100g dairy free spread
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g apple sauce
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 80g dairy free chocolate chips (I use Kinnerton chocolate)
- Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in apple sauce and vanilla essence.
- Mix in flour, bicarbonate soda, and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Put heaped teaspoons of mixture onto cookie tray with space for them to spread.
- Bake for 10 mins at 180c until golden brown.
- (TIP: I chop up a bar of chocolate instead of using chocolate chips. It is cheaper and I like having some large chunks and smaller slithers)