I love Shrove Tuesday. A valid excuse to have pancakes for breakfast, and lunch and dinner – what’s not to love?! I have a great vegan pancake recipe which makes fluffy American style pancakes. If you are looking for a more traditional recipe I also enjoy these ‘Gallettes’ from Le Coin De Mel. Then comes the fun bit – picking one of these dairy free pancake toppings to enjoy!
There are so many dairy free alternatives on the market now to recreate your favourite toppings. In our house, as we are also dealing with egg and nut allergies, we choose toppings that are free from all three.
Are you a sweet or savoury lover? Our favourite dairy free pancake topping is usually bacon and maple syrup (blame my American husband!) but I also love a sweet banana and golden syrup that I also had as a child.
Here are 15 of my favourite dairy free pancake toppings and other free from ideas but I would love to hear yours as well.
1, Dairy free spread, cinnamon and brown sugar
3. Oreo crumbs (may contain milk) & Askey’s chocolate sauce (A hit after James’ recent milk ladder success!)
4. Biscoff spread
5. Lemon juice and sugar (A classic but a goody!)
6. Berries, honey and soy yoghurt
7. Caramalised apples and raisins
8. Banana and golden syrup (my favourite!)
9. Mango & coconut
10. Strawberries & blueberries
11. Marmite and dairy free cheese spread
12. Guacamole & tomato salsa
13. Bacon and maple syrup (The American husband’s classic!)
14. Dairy free cheese & ham sauce
15. Sausage & tomato
What’s your favourite filling?