It’s 1st December so I think I’m officially allowed to say – It’s Christmas!!
We’ll be opening the advent calendars today, putting up the tree at the weekend and it’s time to seriously start thinking about all the festive food.
This year I have teamed up with some wonderful ‘free from’ bloggers to bring you a brilliant buffet, free from the top 14 allergens. We hope it gives you, and your friends and family, lots of ideas for how to cater safely and deliciously for everyone with allergies this Christmas.
Today, it’s my turn and I have brought you this festive tear ‘n’ share Christmas tree. It is so simple but effective and and such a great dish to liven up any Chistmas buffet table.
But it is so easy to add your own favourite sweet or savoury filling such as:
- Dairy free chocolate spread
- Freefrom pesto
- 2 sheets (gluten free) puff pastry
- Icing sugar
- Vegetable oil
- On one sheet, sprinkle cinnamon and icing sugar liberally (or filling of your choice)
- Place the other sheet back on top.
- Cut the shape of a Christmas tree, leaving a thick central trunk.
- Cut horizontal branches (about 2cm thick), stopping at the central trunk.
- Twist each branch.
- Brush the whole tree with oil.
- Bake in the over at 180c for 10 mins.
A Free From Christmas
What’s your top ‘freefrom’ dish? I’d love to add it to our list.