We love pancakes in our house – big, fluffy American ones! I know, I know, I do feel a bit of a traitor but I must admit it is one American tradition I have inherited from my husband and there’s no going back. These vegan gluten free pancakes made with chia seeds are a great freefrom version and will always be drizzled with the obligatory maple syrup!
They are easy to make – don’t let the chia egg put you off – and are a great protein packed start to the day. If you don’t have any chia seeds in the house then try my best vegan pancakes. Both are a great for a weekend brunch or even a midweek pre-school breakfast for the kids and can be frozen and reheated as necessary.
- 125g gluten free self raising flour (I use Freefromfairy)
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds & 3tsp water)
- 150ml dairy free milk
- Make the chia egg by grinding chia seeds and mixing with water. Leave in the fridge for 15mins.
- Mix together flour and sugar and slowly add chia egg and milk until it is a thick cream consistency.
- Oil a pan and drop in batter to form small rounds.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture starts to bubble.
- Turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes
After the success of last month’s #glutenfreeveganuary recipes I have teamed up again with some fabulous foodie bloggers to bring you a range of pancakes for all your dietary needs.
Take a look below to see where you can find all the others over the next few week.
Mel – ‘Le Coin de Mel’
Nath – ‘The Intolerant Gourmand’
Nova – ‘Cherished by Me’
Laura – ‘Dairy Free Kids’
Midge – ‘The Peachicks Bakery’
Rebecca – Glutarama