Earlier this week I wrote a post for Foodies100 about 10 Fab Free From Recipes. I found some great recipes so thought I’d share the article on here too so you can get some new inspiration:
The last year has been a culinary eye opener as I have discovered ‘free from’ cooking trying to cater for my young son’s food allergies. It has been fun and frustrating and I have been amazed at the wonderful dishes I can create. Other peoples blogs and ideas have been a great source of inspiration so here are some of my favourites.
1. I have a sweet tooth – and so does my son – so I am always looking for great new treats to make. This moo-less chocolate mousse from Food For Kids not only looks delicious but manages to disguise a whole avocado and banana in its chocolatey goodness.
2. Sticking with the sweet and goodness theme, these vegan brownies from The Tofu Diaries use another one of my favourite vegetables, beetroot – four to precise! – for a fudgy bake.
3. OK, just one more chocolate recipe I promise! Over on Nava-K, this eggless chocolate cake with a coffee kick can easily be made dairy free too by replacing the yoghurt, which gives a lovely moist texture, with a dairy free alternative.
4. Leaving the sweet treats behind I am heading back to breakfast. I currently have a slight obsession with breakfast burritos and these Spicy Black Bean Tostadas from Little Loaf really hit the mark and have my mouth watering. Just leave out the eggs in the filling.
5. If you’re looking for a more traditional start to the the day then A Mummy Too shares a very simple Banana and Coconut Granola. Cheaper and with much less sugar than the shop-bought varieties it will definitely get your day off to a good start.
6. Now, with Pancake day falling this month I have been scouting suitable pancakes recipes and like this traditional take from Le Coin De Mel. With her French heritage she is in the perfect position to share some Free From ‘Galletes’.
7. On to lunch now and I love a warming, winter soup to brighten up a grey day. This red lentil soup from Super Golden Bakes is full of lovely spices and would be a hearty, filling midday meal.
8. If you know me then you will know that I cannot get by without my afternoon snack. I liked this Vegan Banana Cake(minus the walnuts) from Fab Food 4 All as I always buy Bananas with good intentions but they inevitably make it into a cake!
9. I like to make healthy dinners for my son but after we are done running around all day it has to be something quick and easy. So these Storecupboard Salmon Fishcakes from Free From Fairy are a great find and I like the extra punch from the Pepperoni.
10. Finally, if you are still lacking ideas The Intolerant Gourmet offers a great round up of some her favourite recipes including Apple and Tomato Panzella and Gazpacho.